Many people ask me from my CTR Manipulation SEO article how to calculate the CTR formula.
Click Through Rate is a super powerful SEO strategy that improves your rankings in Google.
We provide exact CTR calculations, which our team use to raise any alarms to Google for not looking natural.
The sheet in where we extract the keyword data acts as a CTR calculator to answer questions like how do I calculate my organic ctr or what percentages of seo ctr by position can we add into our click-through rate tools.
How To Choose Keywords for CTR?
To choose your keyword, we recommend you check your Google Search Console.
Step 1: Check the “Performance” page of your website.
Step 2: Download your keyword list and import them in Google Sheets.
Step 3: Remove all the keywords where your position is more than 30. We only go through the first 3 pages and will not be able to find your website if it’s over the position 30.
- Go to Data -> Turn On Filter
- Click on Position -> Filter by condition -> Less than or equal to 30
You now get a nice list of keywords that needs visibility improvement.
The list of keywords all should be receiving impressions because rank in the first three pages in the search results.
How To Calculate Quantity of Searches?
To know how many searches a day you should configure is a very important factor to CTR manipulation.
If you get the calculations of CTR wrong it can have a detrimental effect so the calculation is very important.
Here are the steps to calculate number of searches:
- Take the number of “impressions” of your keyword
- Divide it by the number of days you are currently checking (usually 90 days)
- Multiply by 0.3
This means that we will create about 30% more searches of your keywords that will click exclusively on your result.
You could, for example, use this formula in F2: =CEILING(C2/90*0.3).
The example above shows the 30% increase in CTR manipulation formula.
You can simply change the increase in click-through rate by doing the following:
- Impressions ÷ Number of Days X 0.1 = 10% Increase in CTR Manipulation
- Impressions ÷ Number of Days X 0.2 = 20% Increase in CTR Manipulation
- Impressions ÷ Number of Days X 0.4 = 40% Increase in CTR Manipulation
- Impressions ÷ Number of Days X 0.5 = 50% Increase in CTR Manipulation
- Impressions ÷ Number of Days X 0.6 = 60% Increase in CTR Manipulation
When you have the keywords to select and the number of searches to create you just need the CTR Tool to carry out the works.
There are many CTR SEO Tools like SERPclix, SearchSEO and CTR Booster.
But our preferred CTR bots are Viper Tools and also SERP Empire.
Then once you have the CTR account import your list of Google Sheet keywords.
That’s it. Your tool will run the search and click process to improve your CTR ratio averages.
Interesting Facts About CTR
Interesting facts about CTR to make sure you are within averages:
- The #1 result in Google’s organic search results has an average CTR of 31.7%.
- The #1 organic result is 10x more likely to receive a click compared to a page in #10 spot.
- Organic CTR for positions 7-10 is virtually the same. Therefore moving up a few spots on the bottom of the first page may not result in more organic traffic.
- On average, moving up 1 spot in the search results will increase CTR by 30.8%. However, this depends on where you’re moving from and to. Moving from position #3 to position #2 will usually result in a significant CTR boost. However, moving from #10 #9 doesn’t make a statistically significant difference.
- Title tags that contain a question have a 14.1% higher CTR vs. pages that don’t have a question in their title.
- Title tags between 15 to 40 characters have the highest CTR. According to our data, pages with a title tag length between 15 and 40 characters have an 8.6% higher CTR compared to those that are outside of that range.
- URLs that contain a keyword have a 45% higher click-through rate compared to URLs that don’t contain a keyword.
- Adding “Power Words” to your title tag may decrease your CTR. We found that titles with Power Words had a 13.9% lower CTR compared to titles that didn’t contain Power Words.
- Emotional titles may improve your CTR. We found that titles with positive or negative sentiment improved CTR by approximately 7%.
- Writing meta descriptions for your pages may result in a higher CTR. Pages with a meta description get 5.8% more clicks than those without a description.
All these interesting facts are additional steps you can take to improve your CTR SEO techniques.
You can control your CTR curves.
Improving the CTR curve averages helps the search engines move your results higher in rankings.
GSC gives SEOs the best information we have to understand an individual site’s click performance in the SERPs.
It’s important to control as many pieces of that data as possible. The main ways to do so is to choose your ideal data extraction source, get rid of low impression keywords, and use the right rank rounding methods.
If you do all of these things you’re much more likely to get more accurate, consistent CTR curves on your own site.
After starting a new campaign on SERP Empire or Viper Tools, your rankings will start to bounce. It usually happens after a few days, up to 10 after you start the campaign. This means that your positions will go up, then down, and up again, etc.
About 45 days after you start your campaign, your rankings will then start to stabilize, usually in the highest position your website reached when its positions were bouncing. Here are the rankings of a website for 45 days after the start of a campaign:
The website was first position 16 for its keyword. After 8 days, its position started to bounce, from 13 to 18 and then to 12, etc..
After about 40 days, it started to stabilize at the higher position it reached: between positions 7 and 6, and even a position 5 on day 45.
I’m a full-blown Search Engine Optimization specialist earning the majority of my income from SEO-focused endeavours, including affiliate marketing, lead generation, as well as SEO services. Love travelling the world networking while working on my laptop. Life is a perception of your own reality. You have no excuses and should be making memories every single day.