Aged Domain Case Study – FatRank
- March 30, 2023
- Tools & Reviews
We bought an affiliate on an aged domain that had suffered badly from sudden drops in organic traffic.
Our Aged Domain Case Study will show you everything we did to bring the website back to its glory days.
The results made this aged domain case study one of the best SEO case studies in 2023.
The aged domain we bought from Odys.Global, who is my go-to provider of these powerful domains and for more information on the supplier check out our guide to ODYS premium domains.
If you have never bought an aged domain before then utilise the $100 free voucher to purchase an ODYS aged domain.
GET $100 FREE CREDIT TO ODYS BALANCE
The Aged Domain Case Study will run through everything we did on the site to recover the rankings and grow to record-breaking earnings.
Step 1 – SEO Audits
Before looking to build new backlinks or add more content to any website you need to analyse the current state of the website.
There are 3 audits we think are essential in March 2023 to have carried out on all websites for future planning.
Backlink Profile Audit
A backlink profile audit can manually check every single link pointing to your website and disavow any toxic links.
Here is what the link audit did for my aged domain case study:
- Showed best places to add tier 2 backlinks
- Disavowed links from a negative SEO attack
- Labelled all backlinks with 2023 Link Detox Rules
- Highlighted missing anchor text I should be using
- Showed which revenue-generating pages needed a targeted link-building campaign
Technical SEO Audit
The technical SEO audit reported:
- Sized all images correctly
- Lazy load media
- Missing ALT attributes were written and added to pictures
- Broken internal and external redirects got fixed
- Sitemap was added to the robots.txt file
- Internal HTTP URLs were updated
- Social Media Links were set as nofollow
- Content pruning to low-quality pages
- Improved silo structure with “in-content inlinks” report
The ranking blueprint then gave a plan for missing content and missing backlinks the site was lacking.
The best part of the ranking blueprint was the clusters it returned to build our topical authority scores.
Part of the Process
Here were some of the steps taken in the process.
- Order some social signals to various web pages
- Buy 3-4 Wikipedia backlinks to relevant pages from Wiki Wookiee
- Expanded on existing content with surfer SEO and marketmuse
- Created tighter / more relevant clusters of content
- Create a GMB Listing and build trust with GMB SEO Hacks
- Build trust by buying positive reviews from RateMyBusiness.io
- Built only trusted and low toxicity links after a disavow was submitted
- Had 47 new articles written from content gap analysis
Wrapping This All Up
We hope you enjoy our aged domain case study.
It wasn’t too complex, right?
What we did wasn’t rocket science.
We just followed all the industry-leading best practices, which led us to drive amazing results.
We built the site with amazing content and built great new backlinks. But there is so much more we can do yet.
I’m a full-blown Search Engine Optimization specialist earning the majority of my income from SEO-focused endeavours, including affiliate marketing, lead generation, as well as SEO services. Love travelling the world networking while working on my laptop. Life is a perception of your own reality. You have no excuses and should be making memories every single day.
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Request a free quote
We offer professional SEO services that help websites increase their organic search score drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
- Link Building Case Study – FatRank April 15, 2023
- Link Audit Service – Backlink Removal Services 2023 April 15, 2023
- IT IS ONLY A PROBLEM, WHEN IT IS A PROBLEM – AND THEN IT IS TOO LATE April 14, 2023