Here is a live case study to show you the power of building a site out on an aged niche relevant domain.
Odys.Global is my go-to provider of these niche relevant domains and for more information on the supplier check out our guide to ODYS premium domains.
Are you ready to be kept in the loop on Building a Money-Making Digital Asset on an ODYS Domain?
The case study will dive into monetising the website, earnings and growth over the next 18 months.
Starting Out With An Niche Relevant Domain
SEO can take years to rank a domain, especially in the football betting industry.
So if you can get a headstart by building on a niche relevant domain from Odys.Global this is going to save time, money and resources in getting out of the sandbox.
AhRefs is a widely used SEO tool used to reverse engineer competitors backlinks, carry out keyword research and fix site audits.
They have a very popular set of metrics known as UR (means URL Rank) and DR (means Domain Rank).
Check out the metrics below from AhRefs on the gambling affiliate site we bought:
As you can see the UR8 and DR4.5 for the domain is weak and many will say this is hard to build a website out on.
Although we only have a Domain Rank of 4.5 we feel when we write content on this niche relevance of the domain we will bypass the sandbox and be straight into authority mode on our link relevance of football.
What Are the Next Steps?
The next steps needed to be done now to grow this affiliate site is going to be exactly what I outline in my blog invest in digital assets online:
- ✅ Go and buy an aged domain from
- ❌ Carry out keyword research on https://cli.re/semrush to map out your content plan
- ❌ Group keywords using a keyword clustering tool like keyword cupid
- ✅ Learn how to write quality content for free
- ✅ Sign Up to https://cli.re/surferseo and write all your articles in the content editor
- ❌ Upload the quality content and hit articles with engagement to get out sandbox
- ❌ Create several branded spokesperson videos to drive direct traffic from ranked Youtube videos
- ❌ Purchase a few high-end links from
- ❌ Get some super relevant links from Searcharoo Guest Post Packages
- ❌ Purchase 4 Wikipedia backlinks from the backlink vendor Wiki Wookiee
- ❌ Hit social to all your links
- ❌ Create a Google My Business Listing and build trust with GMB SEO Hacks
- ❌ Build trust by buying positive reviews from RateMyBusiness.io
- ❌ Run a regular audit to check the technical
- ❌ Monetise informational posts with advertising platforms like mediavine, adthrive or adsense
- ❌ Sign up to all the gambling affiliate programs and negotiate the best commercials
We will work through the content strategy and the plan will be to upload 2 articles per day on the site.
In time we will look to start hitting fresh links and social signals to these new webpages once they start to rank in the top 30 results (which should always be the case if we write SEO optimised content in surfer SEO and internal link correctly).
Follow The Progress
Make sure you follow the progress of the next steps we are going to make and long term goals.
Short Term Progress
The short term goals at present are to do the following:
- Create a full content roadmap to order content
- Employ virtual assistants to delegate the content creation
- Upload the content that is written within Surfer SEO so high quality
- Run content audits throughout the site regularly to improve
- Build some reverse sink or swim guest post placements
- Order social from signal boy to drive engagement
The short term goals above will get the domain to earn 10k a month revenue.
Long Term Goals
The long term goals at present are to do the following:
- Build Domain Authority to the site with high DR backlinks using branded anchors to the homepage
- Create supporting documents around the topic of the niche
- Look at content expansion ideas to rank the website for more keyphrases
- Improve commercials and set up bespoke referral deals
- Line up digital asset investors for the sale of the website
The long term goals will be having the domain receive thousands of new registrations to earn 30k plus a month revenue.
Then the goal will be lining up investors to look at purchasing this brand.
Live Case Study Regular Updates
The process is going to take several months before any traction on the site starts.
The easiest way to be kept up to date is updated below.
So the website started slowly with us producing a few new articles each day.
We decided to start with low competition keywords and even zero search volume keywords as per the SEO knowledge by Ste Toth from SEO Notebook.
The creation of these relevant articles built up our topical authority until we were ready to press go on backlinks.
Before building any powerful backlinks to the website we did the following:
- ✅ Carry out keyword research on https://cli.re/semrush to map out your content plan
- ✅ Group keywords using a keyword clustering tool like keyword cupid
- ✅ Upload the quality content and hit articles with engagement to get out sandbox
- ✅ Create a Google My Business Listing and build trust with GMB SEO Hacks
- ✅ Create several branded spokesperson videos to drive direct traffic from ranked Youtube videos
Once completed and articles started to gain some referral traffic from GMBs and Youtube, we were then ready to start the backlink campaigns.
We hit the following services to the website over six weeks and it is important to understand in this time we still carried on with the content production.
- ✅ Purchase a few high-end links from
- ✅ Get some super relevant links from Searcharoo Guest Post Packages
- ✅ Purchase 4 Wikipedia backlinks from the backlink vendor Wiki Wookiee
- ✅ Hit social to all your links
Here are the recent results for the domain.
Are Live SEO Case Studies Good to Do?
We hope you enjoy our SEO live case study and keep up to date with our progress.
Having a live case study is stupid because along our journey we will 100% have negative SEO and other SEOs trying to copy our niche.
I would love to know your successes on any case studies or if a project is failing where your systems are falling short.
Wrapping This All Up
The case study is live to debunk a few SEO myths in the industry.
Are you an SEO expert and provide a service you would like to promote on this case study?
We will happily test and analyse the results from the services you provide.
Are you a link builder and feel your placements are better?
Are you a content agency and have the ability to rank long optimised pillar posts?
Are you a technical SEO and finding some glaring errors on the website?
The live case study is out there to help, support and promote everyone so get in touch if you want to get involved?
GET ME INVOLVED
Are you building new websites or leveraging existing power from expired domains?
This case study will show we are certainly NOT great SEOs but taking action is what will keep the site growth in years to come.
I fully expect big drops in rankings, huge traffic boners and a need for help when the site plateaus from specific professionals.
Credit Where It Is Due
Here is where we will credit services, individuals and agencies for assistance in the growth:
- Leo Soulas provided a free license to cluster all keywords into groups
- The surfer team provide superb on-page optimisation tips and tricks
- Weekly updates from Ste Toth subscriber emails give great insights to improve SOPs
- Matt Diggity Youtube Channel is great for all things SEO related
- BE THE NEXT TO GET YOUR NAME ADDED HERE
I’m a full-blown Search Engine Optimization specialist earning the majority of my income from SEO-focused endeavours, including affiliate marketing, lead generation, as well as SEO services. Love travelling the world networking while working on my laptop. Life is a perception of your own reality. You have no excuses and should be making memories every single day.