Real Entrepreneurs Stay Clear of Multi-Level Marketing
- January 9, 2023
- Tools & Reviews
The Real Entrepreneurs Stay Clear of Multi-Level Marketing because they have morals and work ethics.
In life to be a successful entrepreneur, you have to earn hard-earned money with honest, trust and integrity.
Earning money by conning the weak and selling them a dream of passive income through a course is a classic MLM method.
You may be asking ‘Is MLM Entrepreneurship?’ and we are going to go into detail on this.
What is Multi-Level Marketing?
Multi-level marketing is a strategy that some direct sales companies use to encourage their existing distributors to recruit new distributors by paying the existing distributors a percentage of their recruits’ sales.
The recruits are known as a distributor’s “downline.” All distributors also make money through direct sales of products to customers.
Wikipedia explains it as Multi-level marketing (MLM), also called pyramid selling, network marketing, and referral marketing.
It is a controversial marketing strategy where revenue by a non-salaried workforce is derived from a pyramid-shaped commission system via two potential revenue streams according to the MLM’s specific “compensation plan”: from commissions on sales directly to their own retail customers, and from commissions based on sales by other distributors below them.
Network marketing, or MLM, is a legitimate business strategy, though it is controversial. There are problems with a pyramid scheme, which uses money from new recruits to pay the people at the top.
They often take advantage of people by pretending to engage in a legitimate network marketing business. You can often spot pyramid schemes by their greater focus on recruitment than on product sales.
So, why does a real entrepreneur avoid MLM?
The Contrepreneur Formula
The term contrepreneur is a phrase started by Mike Winnet.
Mike Winnet’s guide to how he became a #1 Amazon Best Seller with a Blank book which he wrote is a classic example of him following The Contrepreneur Formula.
They all use the same method and Mike Winnet calls this all the contrepreneur formula.
- The same language.
- Similar backstories.
- The same bullshit sales tactics.
This video Mike created shows the same methods used on multiple MLM sales events.
There’s no shortage of ‘online gurus’ telling you how easy it is to become financially free.
You’ve probably just watched an advert for one before this video played. And there were probably several ads during the youtube video being played.
If you come across courses to buy or ads that sound too good to be true then share this blog to them because it probably is too good to be true:
Are they using a fake time-limited offer? Paste the blog URL and call them out.
Discounted price ending in a 7? Paste the blog URL and call them out.
Are they promising instant wealth? Paste the blog URL and call them out.
Think they sound like a wanker? Paste the blog URL and call them out.
Do not become the next MLM victim and be tricked by the contrepreneurs.
Why Do I Not Personally Like Multi-Level Marketing?
The main frustration to MLM is these people usually exploit close friends and family.
MLMs are “doomed by design” to recruit too many salespeople, who in turn will then attempt to recruit even more salespeople.
What you start to find is the people usually take to their Facebook profile and constantly start to push new products or services.
They prey on friends and family to buy the next amazing green tea product, diet pill, makeup, air purifier, healthy juice food sachets.
Whatever other product they can basically purchase cheap but sell for ridiculously high prices.
All the referral chain of promoters can receive a cut on everything the person towards the bottom of the pyramid can sell.
But guys do not take my word for it alone and please read these links below when you get chance which properly explains Multi-Level Marketing:
What’s Wrong With Multi-Level Marketing?
Business Insider says Avoid MLM
I am writing this article in the hope that it might spare many from the inherent and associative pitfalls by avoiding the practice. I have seen first hand it ruin valuable relationships with no regret or conscience.
“Multi level marketing ruins relationships”
Just another product or service gets released and the MLMer is off again selling to friends and family. What the MLMer doesn’t notice is that the neighbourhood turns into a marketplace. When this happens you lose something precious… which is not easy to regain.
Summary of What’s Wrong With Multi-Level Marketing
- MLMs are “doomed by design” to recruit too many salespeople. They, in turn, will then attempt to recruit even more salespeople, ad infinitum.
- For many, the real attraction of involvement in multi-level marketing is the pyramid con-scheme.
- The ethical concessions necessary to be “successful” in many MLM companies are stark and difficult to deal with for most people.
- You should treat friends and family as such, and not as “marks” for exploitation.
Making Money Online
Making money online can be very easy if you pick up real-life skills. These skills could be SEO, teaching yourself Adwords, social media marketing or website development. All these ‘get rich quick’ schemes are ridiculous. In my opinion, MLM is just another pyramid marketing strategy to prey on the vulnerable.
I am not saying you can’t generate money in the Multi-Level Marketing because you certainly can. But this is normally at your friends’ or family’s expense. My personal recommendation is to stay well clear if they ask any of these from you:
- The fee to “get started.” If their business model is really from selling products, then up-front fees should be unnecessary and are inappropriate. Unless these costs are for personal development training because you need help in acquiring a skill do not spend big money for a few brochures.
- Promise big money with little work. There are of course things that you can do to make money without having to work all that hard. But, it’s just not possible for everyone who joins a business to be able to make so much money without working. Making money takes work. You need skill and usually, in business need to take some massive action to start making good money.
- Purchases encouraged as “investment.” Often times MLM businesses want you to think that making purchases for products within the company will advance your status, or grow your business, more than satisfy sales. Do not buy products upfront as this is where you are investing £200 as a rough figure for £30 of the product (guess who takes all your commission, your referrer).
- High-income projections. Many companies love emphasizing how much you will make, but rarely mention how you are going to make it. Network marketing and MLM opportunities have proven historically to be, at best, a little better than a side income for most people.
- Money from recruiting. If they would rather have you recruit another distributor than a new customer, then their products are not what is driving the company. A company full of people with no products is still just a group of people, not a thriving company.
Look to invest time and money into developing skills to market and work online. These skills are where you can start to earn money online.
No, it is not easy to learn and it takes a lot of commitment to developing the skills to optimise websites and fine-tune paid advertisements. However, once you pick up these skills it is very rewarding.
Why SEO is Different?
If you are not sure what SEO stands for then this link explains what it is. Teaching yourself how to optimise websites to rank better in Google is a skill.
It is a skill I think all business owners and young people should look to achieve. If you want to learn SEO and are seriously interested and committed then hit me up on social-media. I will point you in the right direction to learn this and get more information.
Marketers carry out SEO to commercial real-life businesses. So whatever the trade the company is in like roofing, plumbing, conservatories, dentists or basically any niche they can rank higher within google to get more enquiries. More leads should convert into more sales and therefore more profit.
This is not preying on anyone vulnerable and there is a real skill with this. The SEO industry is booming and will continue to grow for years to come. Therefore it certainly is not too late to learn this skill in any niche. Read this article about how this industry has now become a $65 billion trade –
To summarise, if you have an interest in any of the following I would personally stay clear of MLM techniques.
Instead, develop your skills to learn about search engine optimisation, social media marketing, and digital media.
These skills can help real commercial businesses in all sectors throughout the world.
There is a serious lack of talent within the world for great SEO individuals or marketing people.
Just speak to any local recruitment company if you want to find out more. They will say if you have any digital marketing knowledge they could place you into work right away.
If interested to learn SEO then message me and I will put you on the right path to success.
All Entrepreneurship Related Posts
Check out the in-depth list of entrepreneurship posts.
The full list shows the entrepreneurship articles to help you widen your knowledge.
I’m a full-blown Search Engine Optimization specialist earning the majority of my income from SEO-focused endeavours, including affiliate marketing, lead generation, as well as SEO services. Love travelling the world networking while working on my laptop. Life is a perception of your own reality. You have no excuses and should be making memories every single day.
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Request a free quote
We offer professional SEO services that help websites increase their organic search score drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
- Link Building Case Study – FatRank April 15, 2023
- Link Audit Service – Backlink Removal Services 2023 April 15, 2023
- IT IS ONLY A PROBLEM, WHEN IT IS A PROBLEM – AND THEN IT IS TOO LATE April 14, 2023